Jasleen is currently in her fourth year at Simon Fraser University working towards her BBA in Accounting. She has now come back at Raven Supply as a part-time Parts Sales/Bookkeeper.
She started her journey at Raven Supply as a Co-op Junior Accountant, where she learned a lot about managing company financials and the industry itself. She managed to take upon several roles in the office and is now back at Raven after taking a short break for school.
Jasleen has always loved working with numbers and solving problems. This passion has led her to concentrate in accounting and working towards obtaining her CPA in the future. At Raven, she takes care of the company’s accounts receivables, invoicing, placing orders, as well as assisting with parts requests and quotations.
In her spare time, she loves going to the gym/yoga, catching up on her favorite Netflix shows, or reading a good book. She also hopes to start travelling as soon as passport lines ease up!
- What languages do you speak? English, Punjabi, and French (very basic words!)
- If you could travel anywhere, where would it be? I would love to go to Bali or Greece!
- What would your last meal be? My last meal would totally be a Zinger Burger from KFC
- Favorite website to waste time on? Artizia (root of my shopping problem)
- Would you bungee jump? Maybe one day, once I get the courage to!
Jessica completed her degree in Business Administration, with a concentration in accounting, from Douglas College in 2022. While in school, she had a part-time job as an accounting assistant and accounting clerk. With this knowledge and experience, she has built a strong background in bookkeeping, as well as sales and customer service.
At Raven Supply, Jessica is responsible for all the accounting and administrative work. She assists the team with all day-to-day financial transactions and reports. With her great attention to detail and problem-solving skills, she monitors cash flow, ensures project schedules stay on track, and keeps our customers updated.
Jessica moved from Indonesia to Canada in 2004 and has resided in Surrey with her family ever since. Growing up here, she has enjoyed exploring the Lower Mainland and has plans to continue to explore the great outdoors and all that Canada has to offer.
Out of the office, Jessica enjoys being active by going to the gym. She finds pleasure in playing musical instruments, specifically the piano and guitar. She is a self-proclaimed foodie and enjoys trying out new foods.
- What languages do you speak? English, Indonesian, and a little bit of Korean from watching Kdramas.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Backpacking around Asia and Europe.
- Would you bungee jump? No, I don't like heights. Maybe if someone goes with me, even with that I probably wouldn't jump off haha.
- Favourite ice cream flavor? Salted Caramel from Earnest Ice Cream.
Allan Alexander, EIT
Allan has completed his degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of British Columbia (Kelowna Campus) and is working towards a Project Management Associate Certification from the British Columbia Institute of Technology. He has gained experience in the manufacturing sector through his Co-op program.
Allan has grown up in Maple Ridge, BC but also spent a few years in Kelowna, BC while completing his degree. As a kid, his curiosity to fix broken things, improve those that work, and come up with new inventions lead him to pursue his passion for Engineering. Although, he may have broken more things than he has fixed.
At Raven, Allan is responsible for all venting quotes, and the project management associated with each successful project. His experience in the manufacturing sector has better helped him transition into the commercial and industrial heating industry. During university, Allan worked at a Kia dealership where he gained sales experience and built a strong background in customer service.
During his spare time, he loves to work on his car and has a huge passion for anything car-related. He also loves to watch the Vancouver Canucks play and hopes that they will bring a Stanley Cup home soon.
- What languages do you speak? English, French (kinda), Malayalam, Tamil
- Were you named after anyone? Allan Border (famous cricketer)
- Favorite car? Pagani Huayra BC in blue carbon
- Favorite movie? Iron Man
- If you could play any professional sport what would it be? Hockey, for the Vancouver Canucks!
Merinda Widmer, EIT
Merinda graduated from the chemical engineering program at the University of Alberta in 2018. Her previous work experience in sales gave her the opportunity to build a strong background in customer service.
After graduation, she decided to leave Edmonton and to spend some time in Kelowna with her family. Shortly after, Merinda moved to the Lower Mainland and currently resides in Burnaby.
At Raven, Merinda is responsible for all venting quotes and project management. She assists the engineering team with incoming inquiries for boilers, tanks and pumps. She has attended Fulton’s systems and product training and visited many manufacturers including Niles and Bryan Steam. She is looking forward to continuing to meet both vendors and customers. With her cheerful smile and outgoing personality, Merinda is a welcome addition to the Raven Team.
In her spare time, she loves playing volleyball, doing hot yoga and watching hockey. Merinda also looks forward to exploring the Lower Mainland and trying some new restaurants.
- Favourite music genre? Country
- If you could travel anywhere where would it be? New Zealand/Australia
- Would you bungee jump? Bungee jumping and sky diving are both on my bucket list!
- If you could play any professional sport what would it be? Hockey. Go Canucks Go!
Linna Luu, PENG
Linna graduated from Chemical Engineering at the University of Alberta in 2015. Through the Engineering Co-op Program, she worked in the oil and gas industry with a focus on research and development.
After graduating, Linna worked in retail for almost a year, where she had the opportunity to build a strong customer service background.
At Raven, Linna has taken on the role of Project Engineer as well as Sales Engineer. With great attention to detail, Linna oversees all major projects awarded to Raven, ensuring they proceed smoothly, on time, and on budget. Linna has travelled extensively in the past 4 years, visiting manufacturers for training, attending industry conferences, and representing Raven at vendor sales meetings.
In her spare time, Linna enjoys hiking, running, trying new foods, and travelling. Linna moved to the Lower Mainland a week prior to starting her position at Raven, so she still has a lot of exploring left to do! Make sure you suggest some tasty restaurants or fun trails the next time you talk to her!
- What languages do you speak? I can speak English fluently. I can speak Mandarin, Cantonese, and Vietnamese verrrrrry poorly. I’ve been told that I have a Chinese accent when I try to speak Vietnamese, and a Vietnamese accent when I try to speak Chinese – Weird!
- If you could travel anywhere where would it be? I would go to Japan. I previously spent a week in Tokyo, and that was not enough time! Would love to visit again and explore the rest of the country.
- Footwear preference? Sneakers. My current favourite is a pair of Adidas Ultra Boost.
- What would your last meal be? An all you can eat buffet of my mom’s home cooked meals, which would definitely throw me into a food coma.
Coming from a sales background, Ashley began her career at Raven as a Project Manager. She has studied at Langara and BCIT for Project Management, Small business Management and Hydronic Systems Design.
Her travels with Raven have led her to contractor work sites, engineering offices, vendor manufacturing plants, industry conferences and vendor sales meetings.
With a wealth of knowledge gained in a short period of time, Ashley became an owner and director at Raven Supply in 2016. Since then, she has taken over daily operation of the company as well as overseeing human resource requirements. She ensures the team has all the tools necessary to succeed and excel in a fast paced environment. Ashley is always on the lookout for energetic and talented individuals to join the Raven team as it continues to grow.
Ashley loves to spend her time outdoors with her Goldendoodle Bailey, camping, crabbing & travelling as much as she can! Besides heading home to the Island to visit her family, her favorite place to travel it to Mexico. Ashley has supported Room to Read both personally and professionally since 2013. One of her fondest memories is travelling with her sister Gabby to Palpa, Nepal to visit the site of Ravens first Room to Read project.
From Comox, BC, Ashley & her fiancé Kyle now reside in Tsawwassen, BC.
- Footwear preference Flip flops
- Favourite music genre? Country
- What is your iPod playing? It’s a Great Day to be Alive – Travis Tritt
- Were you named after anyone? My middle name is Victoria, after my Grandmother
- Whats your nationality? My family is from Canada, I am Métis from my fathers side
Bennett Lee, B.Com
Bennett joined the Raven Team in 2007 as a UBC Commerce co-op student and immensely enjoyed his 4 month work-term immersing himself in the business & technical aspects of the industry.
Upon graduating in 2008 with a degree in Commerce, specializing in logistics, Bennett joined the Raven team full time.
Bennett now anchors Raven’s engineering team as well as oversees all venting projects in BC & the Yukon. He is recognized by our venting customers as the industry expert in venting solutions.
With his intimate knowledge of the construction industry and drive for perfection, Bennett was a welcome addition to the Raven Ownership Group in 2016.
Out of the office Bennett enjoys indoor cycling, undertaking the Grouse Grind once a year, badminton and playing tennis. In particular, you’ll see him playing at tennis tournaments hosted around the GVRD during late spring and summer testing his tennis mettle against other tennisholics. Bennett and his wife Danielle reside his home town, Vancouver.
- Were you named after anyone? No, but my name starts with a ‘B’ because my sister’s name starts with an ‘A’.
- Favorite Tennis Serve? Slice Serve (When I hit it!)
- Best book on a long flight? Game of Thrones
- Next car I'd like to get Tesla Model 3 (if I can get my hands on one!)
- Indispensable tool I could not live without Google maps (It would take me 3x longer to get anywhere)
Brian DeJaegher, P.Eng
With his passion for business, Brian De Jaegher, President of Raven Hydronic Supply Ltd. has assembled a team of energetic individuals who are committed to delivering unsurpassed customer service and value to the mechanical and sheet metal contractors of British Columbia and the Yukon.
In 2016, Ashley Bouchard and Bennett Lee became owners and directors in Raven Supply. As second generation owners, they are leading the team with great energy and drive. They continue the Raven tradition of supporting the less fortunate in our society.
Brian continues in his role as mentor and financial advisor to the team. He is always looking at new opportunities and products which Raven could get involved with.
Brian and his wife Louise now enjoy spending time with their three grandsons, Jacob, Noah, Tanner, and their grand-dogs Zoey & Copper.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be? I would love to go on an African Safari
- Words my father taught me Making money is easy, keeping it is hard.
- Favorite Movie? The Swedish trilogy: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest
- Favorite website to waste time on? YouTube, watching classic rock performances
- Favorite way to relax? Reading a great autobiography