- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Accounting ManagerFull time
Raven Supply is a specialized supplier of hydronic, steam, and venting products that has been providing commercial and industrial heating system solutions across British Columbia and the Yukon since 2003.
As the company’s most senior financial manager, the Accounting Manager will play an integral role in providing direct support to the senior management team to ensure that key objectives are implemented, maintained, and adjusted accordingly. The Accounting Manager is responsible for the overall accounting, finance, and administrative functions, including human resources matters, warehouse/logistics, contract administration, and general office functions. He or she will also be intimately involved in the Company’s implementation of EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System).
The Accounting Manager develops and maintains the Company’s accounting policies and ensures compliance across the organization. The incumbent will obtain and compile financial and non-financial information and use this information to plan, maintain and communicate positions, trends and opportunities. Conducting IT audits and reviewing internal processes will also be an important function of this role.
Accounting duties include:
- Acts as a member of the senior leadership team and regularly interacts with senior management and other key stakeholders, providing a summary of financial reports and projections
- Directs all financial and accounting functions including month-end, year-end, accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, payroll and overall accounting function and government submissions
- Develops annual budget planning process, providing expectations on profitability and comparing budgeted/actual spending
- Responsible for ensuring information systems development and maintenance parallel to business strategy
- Manages physical inventory process and continually looks for opportunities to improve the process
- Provides direct supervision of the accounting team
- Manages the warehouse and logistics functions
- Manages all company contracts
- Manages all general office functions (staff, premises, office equipment)
- Conducts performance reviews on a regular basis and works with staff to create individual development plans
- Provides coaching, mentorship, and constructive feedback, while also recognizing employee accomplishments
- Liaises with auditors and outside consultants, banks, customers, vendors and other institutions including but not limited to the CRA (ensuring that all federal documentation and filings are valid and correct)
- Directs internal control policies, setting up or improving standard operating procedures while adhering to compliance; risk mitigation and analysis
- Continually assesses business and departmental processes and makes changes to improve efficiency and productivity
- Participates in management and IT discussions and meetings on a regular basis.
Manages outsourced IT resources
- Undertakes other tasks/special projects as assigned
Experience & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of management experience, including management of the financial function
Bachelor’s Degree combined with a CPA designation or CPA in process
- Sound business judgment
- A proven accountable leader who inspires and leads by example, motivates and coaches their team to achieve individual and departmental goals
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage and build strong, collaborative relationships with his/her team, business partners and clients
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to present recommendations on key financial and operating decisions
- Results oriented with the ability to work under tight deadlines and manage competing priorities
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
All team members have greater than 6′ distance between workstations. signage on doors asking those experiencing flu-like symptoms not to enter. Masks are provided by the company.
If you feel that you have the necessary qualifications for this role, please forward your resume for consideration.
Please note that accommodation for job applicants with disabilities is available during the assessment process upon request.
We thank all who apply, however only those most closely matching these requirements will be contacted for an interview. Please do not contact the company directly.